Sunday 10 April 2016

Rest Day

Today is a break from the A - Z Challenge
So I thought I would take the opportunity to do a personal update
As I haven't done one in over a week I think
Things are ticking along nicely 
I'm going to my meetings 
Appointments 
Walking the dogs
Eating my meals 
And horse riding 
Apparently I am going to be in a dressage show next month 
Which I am super anxious about 
It's basically doing a little routine with the horse 
WAlking and trotting around an obstacle course 
I did it for the first time last week
And found it quite tricky 
Someone calls out the instructions 
And you have to be on the ball 
Listening 
And acting promptly 
Usually myself and Star are behind another horse during our lesson
And Star literally follows and copies who ever is in front of him 
But when it was just me and Star
He wasn't taking my instructions at all
He wouldn't trot for me
And he was generally doing his own little course 
And I was left practically hanging off the side of him
I asked Eilish if I was going to be ready in time for the competition
And she assured me that she wouldn't put me in the show 
If she didn't believe I could do it 
So that gave me a little boost of confidence
I have three more lessons before the show
And hopefully I can squeeze in some e yea ones too
But 
As nervous as I am 
I really want to do the show 
I think there will be lots of learning for me 
And it might help my confidence too
All I can do is my best 
As long as I do that 
That's all the matters 

In other news 
I'm feeling good at the moment 
My mood is stable 
My meds are on track
And am taking them correctly 
I'm attending meetings twice a week
I have lots going on 
Including the Pilates 
Which I write about a few days ago
I think I will go back this week 
And see how I get on 
Despite having to look at the very thin girl
I'm also starting a dance class too 
Which I'm really looking forward to
I really want to learn salsa 
And how to jive
Jiveing is really popular here at the moment 
And I think it looks like great fun
It's something social to do that doesn't revolve around alcohol either 
Which is good for me 
My food is going ok
It's not fantastic 
But it's not terrible either 
I gues it's bearable 
I can live with it
And it doesn't interfere with my life too much 
I'm not weighing at all right now
I'm just going by how I feel 
Rather than my weight
My clothes fit
I feel healthy and strong 
And that's good enough for me

I inquired about my job 
And my disability payment
It turns out I can work twenty hours a week
And keep my benefit 
So that's something I need to think about 
After twenty hours 
My benefit will be cut on a sliding scale 
It's really hard to know what to do
I've asked quite a few people what they think
Some say I should just do the job
And forget about my benefit
Others say I should try and keep my benefit
As once you are taken off it 
It's incredibly hard to get back on it
I have to remember that this job is seasonal
And come September 
I might have no job again
Anyway
I will work something out 

So 
All in all 
Things are good 
I'm the best I've been in a long time 
And that is amazing 
I don't relax though 
I never relax 
I know I am only one drug away from relapsing 
The same with my ED
I think it's healthy to have a certain amount of  fear with your addiction
It's good as it keeps you on your toes 
And afraid to use or drink 
Complacency will just not go at all 

With that said 
I was wondering about you 
What keeps you going every day?
What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Inquiring mind nods want to know....

8 comments:

  1. I don't know if this is helpful, but when I was in treatment we got to ride horses. I had one who wouldn't respond correctly. It was pointed out to me that my anxiety and anger can be sensed by the horse. I started trying affirmations or controlled breathing. It really helped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting
      And it's definitely a possibility as to what's happening to myself and Star
      Sometimes I feel myself so tense
      Like my arms are locked
      And my hands too
      I will ask Eilish when I am there next
      Thanks for the suggestion x

      Delete
  2. what gets me out of bed is ; my girl ,my dog, needing to tidy up and have a bath, having a naughty cig and a cuppa, work ,and most of all a hope of a fresh day being a new start and another chance. if that hope ever goes then i won't get up anymore. so glad you doing well xx jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that too Jo
      The possibility of a new day
      And a fresh start
      I am so happy you have so many great things to get up in the morning for
      You are a fantastic mother
      A hard worker
      And a very kind and caring person x

      Delete
  3. Generally, either the need to pee or the need to smoke.
    Okay, jokes aside :P

    I've often heard that horses can sense when you're tense/anxious/whatever, which I think is a big part of their use in therapy. I'm sure you'll do fine at the dressage show - she wouldn't put your name in for it if she didn't think you were ready.

    And sorry I haven't replied to your email yet, but I have read it and am trying to find the right words to respond.

    Love you Ruby <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      I am the same Bella
      Only moving if I need to pee!

      I wonder if that's it
      Because I do find myself feeling really tense sometimes when I am riding
      I guess I can do something about it
      Now that o am aware of it

      Don't worry Bells
      Take your time
      I know it's tough for you right now

      Love you too Hun x

      Delete
  4. Maybe start with as many hours as you can do without losing the benefit, and re-evaluate how you feel after a few months. The best eventual outcome would be for you to be working with no need for the disability, but obviously that won't happen overnight. Having a job will be really good, though. Even if it's not your dream job, it's a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

    I'm sure you'll do great at your show! I was always impressed with the people who did the serious dressage, like making the horses prance and bow and whatnot. I did vaulting and gymnastics a few times, but never showing level.

    Horses definitely sense when you're afraid or anxious, and depending on their personalities, they can react very differently. Since your place is for therapy, I would guess (hopefully) that their horses are more inclined to try and be more accommodating when they're know you're nervous. (No such luck at regular riding schools in my experience; horses are assholes). Also, the doing exactly the same as the horse in front of him is very common with school horses. If your instructor will let you, maybe ask if you can have a good distance between you and the next horse so Star doesn't want to follow.

    Recently, getting out of bed has been a real battle every morning. (The depression state of mind, I guess.) I keep getting up though, because if I miss too much work I'll get fired, and then I'll be royally fecked in that I'll have no money to pay all my bills, no money for rent so I can move out, and I'll have a rough time getting another job if they know I've been fired for repeated absences. The only thing left to do is keep on trucking, and try to escape into various hobbies in my down time.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a USA citizen, am here to testify how i got my Ex back with the help of this God-sent called Dr Unity for the great things he has done in my life.. First of all i want to thank mareen for the post she made on how Dr Unity helped her in bringing back her lover. At first when i saw the posting i was so happy and in the other hand so scared,That this might not be real, Then i decided to give it a try in which i contacted Dr Unity and told him how my lover left me for another lady for the past 3years and i have been lonely and depressed without him,So i asked him if he has helped anyone called mareen and he said yes, that was the lady he helped in bringing back her lover. I said good and i told him that if he can help me in bringing back my own lover,He laughed and said once i have contacted him that my problem will be solved.He said that my lover will be back to me within 48hours, Truly when the 48hours was completed i got a text from someone saying am sorry, then i decided to call the number i saw it was my lover Steve voice.i was so happy he was begging me and crying on phone, That he is ready to do anything that will make me happy in life,So i told him to come over which he did,As he was coming he came with a brand new Car as gift. i am so happy today with the help of Dr Unity. He has proven to me that he is not going to leave me for another lady again and stay with me forever, Am so happy today and am also thanking mareen for posting this early.Dr Unity you are truly a man of your word. He can also any kind of sickness and he can solve any kind of problems in this world. Friends i believe Dr Unity is a man to trust and believe on. You don't need to cry anymore Dr Unity has been sent to clean our tears you can contact him on his Email:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or cell phone +2348072370762).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x