Sunday 5 June 2016

Working woman!

Yes
That is me at the moment 
I am a working woman
And delighted to be
I didn't get to post the last couple of days 
As I am on the 8am - 4pm shift for the bank holiday weekend 
So tomorrow is the end of my working week
And I'm not back in until Sunday
So I have six glorious days off
Every evening 
I have come home 
Had a cuppa 
Then flaked out on the couch 
To rest my weary bones
The job is going well I think 
At least I hope it is 
I am doing my best to learn quickly 
But if course it's going to take a couple of weeks to really get the hang of it
The job itself is a lot different to what I thought it would be
I thought I would mainly be on reception
But in actual fact 
I am in the kitchen and the dining room most of the time 
It's busy busy 
And the house isn't even full
There are only 21 staying at the moment 
And the house holds 60
I have to say 
I really like it 
It's go go all the time 
Just the way I like it 
The staff are lovely 
Endlessly patient 
And so willing to help out this newbie 
The guests are a hoot 
There is a young at heart club from Dublin
Nine elderly ladies who are salt of the earth
So sound 
And do polite 
In between all the work 
We do get a chance to chat with people 
And have the craic
I don't know how the perceive me 
The weird girl with the piercings and shaved head 
But I've been told I am pretty 
I am a good worker 
And my favourite 
A good girl 
So that is nice to hear

This is just a quick post 
To let you know that I am alive and kicking 
And working hard 
Payday is Thursday 
And I can hardly wait!
It's going to be awesome to actually be paid!
My first mission when I get paid is to bring my family out for dinner 
Georgina said there may be problems with tax the first couple of weeks 
But hopefully not 
And it will all run smoothly 

I hope you are all well 
I need to catch up on blogs 
But at the moment life is intervening 
I can remember writing once 
They it was a sad fact that my virtual life was more active than my real life 
Well now I can most definitely say the opposite 
I am living my life now
I'm taking control of my own destiny 
This is another step on the ladder that is recovery 

ED wise 
I'm doing ok 
Because I'm working 
And on my feet all day 
I know I need to eat regularly 
It I will keep over in no time 
So I usually grab a cuppa at home before I leave 
I then get to have my breakfast in work after I've done the guests breakfasts 
A cuppa and some toast 
The at dinner time 
The chef keeps me a small dinner 
And I have that in the afternoon
So it's working out well
I feel no urge to purge 
As my body needs fuel if I am to keep going 
So all in all 
Things are going well
Every morning in my car on the way to work 
I turn down my radio 
And I ask God or the universe or who ever is up there 
To please help me get through the day 
And do my best 
And not to hurt myself or anyone else 
I don't know if that works 
But it can't hurt right?

Right 
I'm off for a cuppa 
See you on the next post...

6 comments:

  1. So proud of you! It sounds like you are getting on so well with your job! Onwards and upwards partner! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will be good for you. you will need your food for fuel! im glad you feel busy and productive. im sure it will help your purging a lot. you have a lot to give and i'm sure youll be a great Addition to the Team xoxo shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so proud!!! I've recently started my summer job and it's just so lovely to get paid and feel more in control over my life. Your such a kind woman wanting to take your family out for dinner. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so proud!!! I've recently started my summer job and it's just so lovely to get paid and feel more in control over my life. Your such a kind woman wanting to take your family out for dinner. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Ruby, I'm so happy for you!! I always love reading your blogs, but I love it even more that your actual life is becoming more busy than your virtual life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x