Monday 26 September 2016

Monday

I had quite the busy and productive day today
While I was over in my neighbours house minding Bobby the dog
Some people called to view the house
As it is up for sale
They were only supposed to look around outside 
But they asked me if they could have a look inside 
So I put Bobby in to the bedroom
And gave the prospective buyers an impromptu tour of the house
I have to admit 
I really enjoyed it
And really got in to it too
Before I knew I was using words like 'potential' and 'space'
And isn't the light in this room amazing?
They seemed quite impressed with the house 
And made all the right noises 
It is a lovely little cottage
And in an ideal world 
I would snap it up
If I had the funds of course
Why does it always come down to money.....?

Anyway 
After my little tour 
I came home 
And got a call from the lady from the employment scheme I was looking in to 
She asked if I could meet her at lunch time today 
I could 
So we met in the local village 
Her name was Majella
And she was lovely 
She explained that the course is about getting people back in to employment 
By matching them up with an occupation they are interested in 
It's a four year course 
A mixture of training and work
Which is 20 hours a week
She asked me what areas I am interested in 
So of course I said something to do with animals 
And asked her if it would be possible to get a place in a stables 
Here's where the downer comes 
The placement can't be in a working business
It has to be a non profit organisation
So that rules the possibility of working in a stables 
So my next thought was an animal sanctuary 
Which she didn't seem entirely thrilled about 
Failing that 
I said I would be interested in working in an arts centre 
So she seemed a bit more positive about that 
Majella is going to look in to it
And get back to me
But I have to admit 
I was disappointed about the horse riding 
I came home feeling a little deflated
So I decided to do a little digging Of my own

A few short clicks on the computer later 
And I had found a horsemanship course in a town about 30 minutes from me
I decided to give them a ring 
I was speaking to a lady called Atlanta
Who was very helpful 
She told me all about the course 
Which is 18 months long 
Two days a week are spent in the stables learning about care of the horses and riding 
And three days in the classroom 
It sounded brilliant 
So I asked Atlanta so send me out the application form 
She said now is a good time to be applying 
As there are six new people starting the course next month
So I could potentially start then 
Exciting!!!

So 
That leaves me with a couple of options 
I will see what Majella comes back to me with 
And I will also apply for the horsemanship course 
I guess I will have to choose one though 
The good thing about the employment scheme is that it's two and a half days a week 
Which is very manageable 
And I can fit all my other things around it
The horsemanship course is full time 
A bit of a drive away 
But saying that 
I am much more excited to do this course 
Atlanta told me that I could do a tater course lasting a week
To see if it's something I am interested in
To be honest 
I don't need to do that 
I know I'll love it 
But I guess the smart thing to do would be to do it anyway 
Whatever happens 
I will keep my options open
But I feel real excitement when I think of moving on
And doing something I love 
I just know that what I'm meant to do will happen 
Fingers crossed....


2 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh wow I'm so frickin proud of you!!!! Whatever happens, the next step is going to be amazing, simply because you achieved it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing. I like your attitude very much. Thanks for sharing.
    Diagnostic imaging center in Kerala.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x