Tuesday 1 July 2014

Toothache

For about the last 10 days I have had a horrific tooth ache
I finally got my big butt to the dentist yesterday
After checking my teeth
He said that I needed two fillings and an extraction
And he would do the two fillings then
He injected my upper gum
And I went out to the waiting room to wait for the numbness to set

I'm not afraid of the dentist
I've been so many times over the last couple of years
It's no big deal

A few minutes later and I was called back in
He started to work on my teeth
'I hope this works' he said at one point
'If you still have pain tomorrow come back in'
What the.....? I thought to myself

I kept my eyes shut through the whole procedure
I hate seeing the instruments
But I felt nothing
Just pressure and scraping
It wasn't too bad at all

Then it was over
I rinsed my  mouth and got my things together
And made another appointment for next week

But even as I was walking over to the car
I could still feel the pain
It was still there
It was after 5pm so there was no point going back to the dentist
So I stocked up on painkillers and went home
Ones with codeine in them which I'm not supposed to take
But hell I am not putting up with a toothache all night

I arrived home shattered
I took some painkillers and hoped and prayed that the pain wouldn't be too bad
But it was bad
And gradually got worse through out the evening
It was so bad that I couldn't sleep
Hence why I am up so early writing this post
Waiting for 9am so I can ring the dentist for another appointment today

I swear toothache is one of the worst pains
Like a splitting migraine
Only in your mouth
At times I felt like screaming
Like pulling it out myself
I bite the head off anyone that talks to me
The pain is driving me loopy

Any ideas out there for what is good for a toothache?

3 comments:

  1. I feel you...
    I have reaccurring abcesses beneath my molars. It drives me up the wall and I seem to like pain, usually.

    Rinse with salt water, or if they sell it out there 'bocasan' (but that's just fancy salt water) and take painkillers with anti-inflammatory ingredients in them (like ibuprofen).
    And hope and pray that the dentist will see you asap...

    It's nine o'clock out here so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for a while, cause it's not where you are, I think..

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not sure darling. i've avoided the dentist for years. in fact, i don't go to yearly doctor visits or anything. most of my family is in the medical field, and unless there is something wrong, they wouldn't really take me to one. it's just their name i've learned to accept it. i'm not sure how a toothache feels like, but i'm hoping you feel better on any accord and wishing good thoughts my way is all <3
    i'm so sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. i'm hoping you can sleep soon.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omfg. Thank God I have morphine at home. I am NOT going through that hell. Tooth ache is the worst pain, next after kidney stones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x