Tuesday 13 January 2015

Snow

I woke up this morning to see a white blanket of snow across our garden 
And all over  the mountains
It is quite beautiful
I love snow
But I was not thrilled to see it today
As I have to get in to the chemist to collect my methadone
I called my sister
Turned on the engine of my car to warm it up
We piled Honey and Lea in to the car
And set off
We had to drive at a snails pace
As the roads were covered
Eventually we got there
When I collected my meds
I asked the girl if it would be possible to collect tomorrow's dose today
As The weather is due to get worse
One of the girls rang my doctor
And he said that was fine
I was so relieved

Oh 
And I have an update on Honey also
Yesterday I spoke to my dad about it
He then spoke to a vet he knows in his home town
The vet said that it didn't sound good
But that he would have a look at it
And try to save it
But if the eye needs to be removed
He could do it

After thinking about it at great length
I decided that this sounds like a good idea
And we made an appointment for Honey for Thursday
But then the weather took a turn for the worst
And we had to postpone it until next week
It looks like her eye will probably need to be removed 
But I have been assured that she can live a happy life with one eye
And Honey is such a little fighter
I am hopeful that she will make a good recovery

Here are some photos from today.....














4 comments:

  1. A one-eyed dog can have a good life, it'll just take a while to get used to it: a friend of my father's had a dachshund who had to have an eye removed and the only problem was in the beginning, with depth perception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes animals are so adaptable as long as she has love she will be fine.been with vets 30 yrs [working or sometimes married to!] so seen lots amazing recoveries.
    love snow!! me and my girls so jealous.. take care of you and honey, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. O no....that stupid snow now....... I know we wanted some but not now Honey is not at her best!
    We're lighting candles for the little Honey....

    (L)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im sure honey will cope very well if it has to be done,try not to worry,love jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x