Saturday 17 January 2015

'These are a few of my favourite things..........'

EThis post is inspired by ThewriternamedA
Who did a very cool list about her favourite things of 2014
This is more a general list of my favourite things of this moment
So here goes.....

Favourite song:
Take me to church - Hozier
Sedated - Hozier
Actually anything by Hozier (And not just because he is Irish)

Favourite book:
The Dinner by Herman Koch
Such a page turner

Favourite Tv show:
Last year it was Breaking Bad
This year it is Orange is the new black
Couldn't choose between the two

Favourite film:
Mmmm this is a hard one
I loved Gone Girl
Wild
The fault in our stars
Too many to mention
But these are some of the best

Favourite drink:
Hot sweet tea
Always hot sweet tea
Some things never change
Anything can solved over a cup of tea

Favourite item of clothing:
It's a tie between my new blue Roxy hoody
And the blue jumper from Fat Face that I wore on Christmas day

Favourite animal:
Lea and Honey of course
Who else?

Favourite quote:
'I wish I was as great as my dog thinks I am' - unknown
My eternal favourite quote

Favourite colour:
Purple - My bedroom has  a lot of purple
Navy - Is the colour that suits me best to wear

Favourite place:
Bundoran beach on a cold Winter morning
York (Holiday summer 2014)

Favourite food:
Since my sister came home from Australia
We have all been eating like queens
She is an amazing cook
I now know that up until 6 months ago
I didn't know what good food was
It's really hard to pick a favourite food
But if I had to
It would be Sicilian beef stew
Lip smackin' good

Favourite restaurant:
Maddens in my home town
Or Langs

Favourite gadget:
Definitely my iphone
I am a late comer to the wonder that is the iphone
But I got there eventually

Some other of my favourite things:
Internet shopping
When said shopping arrives at my door
Opening said shopping
You really can't beat the feeling of getting a package delivered to your door
Sometimes I don't open the package for some time as I want the feeling to last

Getting letters/cards in the post
I just love to get something hand written
And I love to send handwritten cards and letters too

Collecting my dogs from the kennels
There's nothing more friendly than  a wet dog

Being hungry
I love working up an appetite
And then sitting down to a home cooked meal
Everything tastes better when you are really hungry

I hate having showers
But I love the feeling of being squeaky clean
I also love getting in to bed when the linen has just been changed
Such a lovely feeling

When I was a smoker
I would have said the first smoke of the day
But I am now a non smoker
So I like to imagine....

Waking up from a bad dream
And realizing that it's not real

Getting emails/test messages
I'm such a nerd
But I love to hear the tinkle of my phone
To notify me that I have got a message

Laying my head on my pillow at night
Those few brief moments before o fall asleep
When I know I have gotten through another day
For those few minutes my head is clear
I feel calm
And feel like any thing is possible

What are some of your favourite things?

7 comments:

  1. Way cool!!!
    And omg, my new favo song is so 'Take me church''!!

    O, my favourite color is pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too A
      I have a bit of a crush on Hozier

      Thanks for being my inspiration to write this post! X

      Delete
  2. this is a crazy coincidence - I just had that song from the sound of music "my favorite things" stuck in my head and was thinking it would make a cute blog post! I also love that song "take me to church" - didn't know the artist though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike kaylee....

      Oh you should check out some more of Hozier's songs, he is just amazing x

      Delete
  3. I love Hozier! I also loved Breaking bad & Orange is the new black! Really great shows! I always get really attached to tv shows on netflix & then binge watch them till I've watched all of the seasons and then go into a day of depression because I'm sad there isn't any more for me to watch lol.

    Right now I'm trying to catch up on season 5 of the walking dead, I love that show too!

    Great post!

    <3
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Kay
      I binge watch shows too
      And really miss them when they're over
      It seems a lot of people like Hozier which I am delighted by as he is such a cool guy
      And his music is so great x

      Delete
  4. Wild... the newish movie with Reese Witherspoon??
    I wanted to see that!!
    Great list:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x