Wednesday 11 February 2015

Milestone

I mentioned in my last post that I have reached an important milestone today
In fact there are two milestones 
The first one being that I am six months smoke free today
I quit on the 11th of August last year
This is quite an achievement for me
As I loved smoking
Loved everything about it
My life was punctuated with cigarettes
And I enjoyed every one of them 
A cup if tea and a smoke was a constant in my life
Anything could be solved over a cuppa and a smoke
I can't lie
I do miss them
When I see someone smoking
I feel a pang of jealousy
But then remember that they now cost €10 a box
And I don't feel so bad 
I was telling my doctor on Monday that I am six months off them
He was very impressed
I told him that the only reason I gave up was that I couldn't afford them anymore
It didn't bother me that I was smoking myself in to an early grave 
If I was rich
I would most definitely still be smoking
I decided to treat myself for reaching this point (Like I need an excuse)
And bought myself a new hoody
It hasn't arrived yet 
But I will post photos when it does 

On to the second milestone
I am now exactly one year out of treatment
Which means I am one year in to my recovery 
The past year has gone by so quickly
And so much has happened
But I am still here
Still fighting for a better life
And hoping for a better future

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations dearest Ruby :) I remember when you first quit smoking. Super proud of you dear!

    Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe thats six months you have done! well done and tackling everything else at same time,so well done you,love jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      It hasn't been easy
      But it's so worth it x

      Delete
  3. Wow, congrats! I'm so very proud of you for sticking it out this long. Have you ever added up how much money you've saved? This year I'm tracking every cent I spend on smoking, hopefully it might help give me that extra push.

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella
      I haven't actually added up all the money
      But I do know that I was spending €100 a week on smokes
      Which now seems crazy to me

      Love x

      Delete
  4. I've probably said this before, but you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that CP
      But thank you
      And good to hear from you
      You've been quiet lately
      Hope you're doing ok? X

      Delete
  5. Massive congratulations to you, Ruby. I'm so proud of you!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x