Saturday 9 May 2015

Darkness To Light

This morning
Very early this morning
My mum, my sister and Honey and Lea and I all took part in the Pieta House 5km walk
We got up at 2 30am
After only a couple of hours sleep 
Braved the cold and the rain 
And headed in to town
Where the walk was starting at 4 15am
The idea was to start the walk in the darkness
And to finish just as dawn was breaking
It was very symbolic and poignant
There was a massive turn out 
The biggest yet
And it was amazing to be a part of it
As it's such a worthwhile cause
We all stayed at the back because Lea gets nervous in crowds
We were one of the last to finish in the end
My only complaint was that there was no tea or coffee left when we got back
We were cold and wet
So a cuppa would have been nice
But anyway
A good time was had by all
I am now back home
In clean dry clothes
With a cup of tea in my hand
My sister is cooking breakfast
And Honey and Lea are gone back to bed
Here are done photos from this morning.....












12 comments:

  1. well done, looks a bit cold, bet the dogs wondered what was going on! jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      Despite the cold
      It was well worth doing
      I know, I think the dogs were completely confused x

      Delete
  2. What beautiful ladies !! Well done my dear, what a lovely thing to do ^-^ It's so lovely to do this kind of thing as a family I think, it makes for wonderful memories.
    I bet the warm clothes and cup of tea at the end felt rewarding too :)
    I'm glad to read and upbeat and positive post from you, you deserve to feel good <3
    Take care darling.
    I'm so behind on blogs right now, I'm going to read the post before this one as I missed that one too, and comment on it now and then catch up on the rest.
    *hugs*

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so nice to have a cup of hot tea after walking in the cold and rain
      It was such a great thing to do despite the weather and getting up in the middle of the night
      I know they organise walks around the world so maybe there is one in Spain

      Hope you're doing ok my lovely x

      Delete
  3. SOrry not to have commented for ages, I ended up back in hospital, with no internet, but I'm out now and slowly dipping my toes back into the world of the internet. This was such a lovely post to read from you. I remember you doing it last year, I think it's a great thing you do, and you show such courage and dedication! Despite the rain and lack of refreshments, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you can manage to rest for the remainder of the day! Take care lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetheart
      I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you
      I just read your blogpost
      And I am extremely concerned
      Are you still in hospital?
      Let them help you Angharad
      Please let them help you
      I will email you soon
      Please be ok. X

      Delete
    2. Please don't be concerned, I'm home now, although I wish I were still in hospital, but they can't keep you there forever :( I'm ok, I hope you are too xxx

      Delete
  4. how are you now,sorry to bomb rubys blog but have been v worried as no words for so long x j

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done ladies! I also remember you doing it last year. I love the symbolism of it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun
      I know it's hard to believe a whole year has gone by

      Hope you're doing ok x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x