Sunday 10 May 2015

The day of rest.....

Yesterday
After we came home from doing the Darkness into Light walk
We had breakfast
And my mum and sister went straight to bed
I wasn't feeling too bad
So I went in to town 
Had a sun shower
Then met friends in the afternoon
I had been going through my wardrobe earlier in the week
And found some bits that were too small for me
So decided to give them to my friend Marie
She is smaller in height than me
So I thought they might fit her
I met Marie and two other guy friends in a coffee shop
I gave her the clothes
She asked me if they were too big for me
And said if they didn't fit me
They wouldn't fit her
I to get to try them anyway
As they are lovely trousers
I haven't heard yet 
If they fit her or not
But I'm pretty sure they will

I'm feeling quite paranoid these days
I'm convinced that people don't like me
Even my own friends
Paranoia is a funny thing
I think it's a disease of perception
For instance
With the trousers 
I was actually sorry I had given them to Marie
As I thought she might think that I was presuming she was bigger than me
When I actually meant the opposite
Also 
As I was sitting with my three friends yesterday
I was thinking that none of them like me
And I was even looking for evidence to support that claim
I'm having a hard time accepting that people might actually like me
And might want to be my friend
And wonder of all wonders
Might want to spend time with me
Like yesterday
I spent most of the time with my friends 
Thinking that they were taking the puss out of me
Or smirking and mailing faces behind my back
The rational part of me knows that this is ridiculous thinking
I mean why would they have invited me out if they didn't like me?
It's crazy thinking
But then
When have I ever claimed to be sane?

I guess when you don't like yourself very much
It's hard to believe that others do
I believe that I am socially disabled
I am convinced that I always say the wrong thing
Or put my foot in it
I'm shy
I'm awkward 
I'm nervous in crowds
I second guess myself all the time
I over think things
And analyse everything
I tell ya 
It's exhausting
It's draining
And it's such a waste of time and energy
I need to snap out of this

I came home from meeting my friends
The tiredness still hadn't hit me
Although mum and my sister were wrecked
We watched tv for the evening
I don't remember going to bed
But obviously I did go at some point
As I woke up in my bed this morning
The exhaustion finally caught up with me
And I felt like a bear with a sore head
I got up later than usual
And made tea and chocolate for breakfast
Yes chocolate
White chocolate in fact
Six squares
I know, I know
That is a bit strange
But then that's me all over
At least I ate something right?

I turned on the tv
And promptly fell back asleep where I sat
I felt like I was under water
And trying to wake up was like trying to break the surface of the water
Except the water was so heavy
I couldn't quite make it
After dozing for a while
I finally managed to wake up
I got dressed
Piled the dogs in to my car
And set off for town
It was lashing rain
So I decided to go for a sun shower 
I'm probably brown enough
But I'm always thinking that it is fading
So I go again and again

I felt like the rain was easing up
So I went down to the beach
And went for a walk with the dogs
The rain got heavier and heavier
And we got absolutely soaked 
We hurried back to the car 
And headed home
I'm now sitting with a cup of hot tea
And watching Sunday morning tv

In other news
I am 9 months smoke free today
Which is huge for me!
I never thought that I would be able to give them up 
It just goes to show 
If I am determined enough
I can do anything I set my mind to

I plan to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day
After all
Sunday is the day of rest 
Hope you enjoy your Sunday too
See you on the next post......

9 comments:

  1. am so impressed by 9 months smokey free! dont worry too much about other people they are prob not thinking about everything that deeply.and might even be feeling the same.i know they must be glad to have such a good friend and the more you see them perhaps the anxiety will ease off. by the way i must ask..whats a sun shower?! xx jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I should explain
      A sun shower is like a sun bed
      Except you stand in it
      Like a shower cubicle
      It's for tanning
      As I want to have a bit of a colour for the summer
      Thanks for your comment
      I know I'm probably just paranoid and feeling not very confident
      Hope you are well
      Do you have a blog Jo? X

      Delete
    2. ooh no am a hopless writer, always look foward to yours though.you have inspired me to try stop smoking tomm.i want to be to say i am so many months free today!wish me luck i have much to give up but its a start.go easy on the sun things dear ruby,worry about sunbeds, but then worry about everything! xx

      Delete
    3. Oh good luck Jo for tomorrow!
      I have every faith that you can do it
      Make the decision and go for it!
      Let me know how you are doing
      It is so worth it
      I promise you x

      Delete
  2. Ruby dear well done with the 9 months!!! I'm so proud of you lovely lady <3 You can do anything.
    And you're friends love you I'm sure (what's not to love ^^ )
    You are so sweet and so considerate, I'm 100 per cent sure it's just your mind playing tricks on you, I'd be lucky to hang out with you.
    I do understand you though, social situations are extremely anxiety inducing when my mood isn't really good, and then it feels like it all mounts up.
    You are amazing though and I love you to bits.
    Take care my dear
    *hugs*
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is my mind playing tricks on me Mandy
      I guess it's a confidence thing with me

      I just tried to comment on your blog like 3 times
      And I don't know if any of them posted
      They all say basically the same thing
      But I hope you got at least one if them
      If you didn't let me know and I will email you

      Thanks Mandy
      You are a star x

      Delete
  3. Great post, I can definitely relate to the paranoia and overthinking things, it really is awful!
    Welldone on 9months smoke free!:)
    Xo
    www.libertylifeandselfhelp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always assume that people don't like me, that way I won't get disappointed if it's true. I also keep over-thinking things, which drives the boyfriend nuts. He is my only link to something resembling sanity, because on my own I am truly, madly nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x