Sunday 3 May 2015

Recipe #1 Chicken Casserole

I've never done a recipe post before
But I know some of you do regularly
So I thought I would post one today
As I am making dinner for my family
All my recipes have come from my sister
She is an amazing cook
She has a real natural flair for it
So I have picked up some tips from her since she's been home

So today's recipe is my take on chicken casserole
Or some of you may know it as chicken chasseur 
It's a love healthy, tasty one pot wonder
Easy to make
And especially welcome on a cold windy day
All the while in the beautiful apron that Bella sent me
Any excuse to wear it
Hope you enjoy......

What you need

Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chicken breasts (I used four for five people)
2 onions
Garlic
Celery
Carrot 
Mushrooms
Tomato purée
Two tins of tomatoes
Two pints of beef stock
Worcester sauce
Potatoes to serve with

Method

Fry off the chopped chicken in the oil
Cook until just done
Remove chicken to a clean plate

Dice onion, garlic and celery
Add to the pot
Chop carrots and mushrooms
Add those too

Let the veg sauté until soft
Then add the chicken back in
Season generously

Next add a few dollops of tomato purée 
Let that cook for a couple of minutes

Then add the tins of tomatoes
And beef stock
Also a few drops of Worcester sauce

Leave to bubble as long as you can













My casserole is now happily cooking
I will post an update later on when it's done

13 comments:

  1. It looks delicious!! and you look so adorable in the apron *-*
    I've never made a casserole, I will definitely do this recipe sometime soon <3
    Take care dear
    Mandy xx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it Mandy
      It went down a treat with my family

      Love to you x

      Delete
  2. You look so lovely in your apron!! I like it, reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Will definitely try that recipe, it sounds delicious. I might give it a go in the crock pot and see how it turns out... It sounds perfect for a cold windy day. My family tells me that after some really lovely sunny warm days, the weather over there has turned rubbish. They're in Achill and Craughwell, so I dunno if you have the same wind and rain. Hopefully not!

    Have a lovely evening, and enjoy your casserole. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not far from me!
      I live on the west coast
      I actually spent a holiday on Achill a couple of years ago
      Have you ever been?

      Yes do try it
      It's really tasty x

      Delete
    2. I used to spend the whole summer in Achill (mumsy was not into school holidays, so she shipped me off to relatives) up until I was like 16 (when I got too cool for Achill and spent a few years with a cousin just outside Dublin). We went for 3 weeks every Christmas and sometimes 2 weeks for Easter as well. If there were jobs there, I'd move in a heartbeat, but alas I would be homeless. Although my cousins insist that the new council houses are very nice and if I got there and get knocked up maybe I could get one... It sounds tempting sometimes. If you ever go again, I'll let you of some super secret spots. :)

      Delete
  3. yummy says jo!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken looks yummy. I love cooking, it's autumn here at the moment so it's the perfect weather for casseroles. I've been making one a week for my mum and I while my dad is away during the week for work. I must try this one.
    I hope you're feeling better Ruby and can get back to meetings soon. Maybe mention it to Breda.
    You look lovely in the apron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne
      I hope to get back to meetings tomorrow
      And will speak to both Breda and Mary this week x

      Delete
  5. I love one-pot dishes. I make a beef & veggie stew that I freeze and eat a few nights a week, so easy.

    Love the apron ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Bella
      And iva had such nice compliments on it
      I have a card to send to you
      Just need to write it and post it
      I'm keeping my eye out for something nice for you too x

      Delete
  6. this post made me smile.

    thank you. :)

    i just wanted to let you know. i love you much.


    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x