Friday 5 June 2015

What I achieved yesterday

Thank you all for the suggestion you made on topics to write about 
They were all great
And today's topic was suggested by the lovely Shelby
And it's about what I achieved today
Or actually what I achieved yesterday because it's only 10am here
So apart from crawling out of bed
I haven't done much
Anyway
Let's begin 

Yesterday was Thursday 4th June
First things first
The first thing I achieved was getting out of bed
I know this sounds like a minor thing
 But the way I feel sometimes in the morning
Getting up at all is an achievement 

Next
I brought Honey and Lea for a walk
Then brought my neighbours dog for a walk
Albeit a very short one

After a cup of tea
I went and had a sun bed session
It was then bearing 1pm
Time for my lunch time meeting
I had an argument in my head about whether to go or not
I stared in to the mirror 
Literally looking at myself
And having a fight with my own reflection
I know I should go
But what I really want to do is drive straight home and take a fistful of meds 
In the end
I did the right thing
And went to my meeting 

I arrived at AA late
I hate being late
I sat down 
And immediately felt anxious
It was only a small meeting
But I was dreading speaking
And in fact
I couldn't think of anything to talk about
So I decided I wouldn't speak at all
But then there was such a long silence after everyone else had spoken 
That I felt under a bit of pressure to speak
So I did
Which was an achievement in itself 
But I spoke from a place of fear and anxiety
So the words fell out of my mouth
And the weren't necessarily the words I wanted to speak 
I didn't say much
But I wasn't happy with what I said
The meeting finished up
And I headed home 
Even though it didn't go as planned
I was glad I went

Then in the car on the way home 
The post meeting analysis began
I began to take apart everything I had said 
Wondering what the others thought of me
Had I said anything wrong or offensive?
It was relentless 
I kept saying out loud
'Shut up' 
But my mind was in a frenzy
And I was mentally beating myself up
I got home
And again
My mind turned to meds
And yet again 
I had another argument with myself about whether to take a knock out amount
I knew I had Mary in a couple of hours
And I was so tempted to text her to cancel
But then I remembered that she had said she is extremely busy
And if I am going to cancel 
To give her plenty of notice
I didn't think it was fair to cancel
So I didn't 
Another achievement 
was so glad I went to see Mary
She is such a breath of fresh air 
And in talking to her 
I felt the pressure life from my head

Other things I achieved today.....

I didn't overuse my meds

I helped my sister make pasta

I didn't smoke 

I gave my mum some money towards housekeeping

I resisted the urge to Internet shop

I didn't bite the head off the shopkeeper that was rude to me

I ignored a call from The Boys friend 

What did you achieve today?

2 comments:

  1. I politely decline
    I am in recovery
    And this is not s diet
    It's a deadly life threatening illness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! Good topic if I do say so myself. And good achievements!

    Today I applied for a job. I won't get it but I was afraid to even apply. Anyway I did it!
    I borrowed a book "feel the fear and do it anyway". I highly highly recommend!
    I went to work.
    I ate a chicken schnitzel roll a Chocolate bar and an ice coffee flavored milk in the work canteen. I didn't look at or think about calories. I just ate it all and didn't think about it again.
    I came home late cleaned up, visited a friend ate a lean cuisine wrote a friend an email and went to bed.

    I stressed over two conversations I had and felt guilty for not tidying up enough. I didn't walk the dog or go to the gym but basically I'm happy. X shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x