Thursday 6 August 2015

Girls

I'm late posting today
As I met a friend from treatment this morning
I say she is a friend from treatment 
But she is more than that
She is a friend
No matter where I met her
I hadn't seen this particular girl in a while
So was super excited to see her 
We had a great chat over teas and coffees 
I told her all about my date with The Plumber
And we had such a laugh over it
I now feel at a point where I can laugh about it
And not feel badly at all about it
She was the first friend I've actually spoken to about it
And it was great to get her feedback

It struck me after I met my friend
How important it is to stay connected to our girlfriends 
They say boys come and go
But girlfriends are for life
I certainly value the few real life girlfriends that I have 
And of course all of you
Who have been there for me every step of the way 
There's just something so lovely about meeting up
Chatting 
Gossiping 
Laughing
Today I actually really laughed
Most of the time when I laugh
It's forced
But today was proper belly laughing
And it felt great

My friend is a very worldly lady
Has travelled a lot
Always looks immaculate
I remember when I met her in treatment 
She was always so well put together
And so thin
But she was always that way
No matter what she ate
We clicked pretty much straight away
And both living near each other
Have kept in touch ever since
I remember when I first started meeting her
I was just out of treatment 
Still underweight
Still very entrenched in my illness
Just driving the half hour to meet her was a huge challenge
I remember arriving to meet her
My nerves shot
I was a walking ball of anxiety
I couldn't relax 
When I was with her
I was worrying about the drive home
But thankfully things have improved drastically since then 
My confidence with driving and meeting people has improved
I feel a bit more sure of myself 
I still have a long way to go
But I've made a start 
And that is the main thing

Also
Just to update you on my wanting to lose weight
I wrote that post directly after weighing myself
And I felt like a whale
However 
After calming down 
I realised what a stupid and silly idea it was
And I'm not going to try and lose any 
As  I always say
I'm going to go by how I feel
Rather than what the scale says
And I feel pretty ok
So let's go with that 



12 comments:

  1. It makes me so happy that you have been able to go out and have a real good time with a real good friend, and have, as you call it, a proper 'belly laugh'. I think this is what you really needed and really deserved at this time Ruby. Hopefully you can move on and put rubbishy things behind you after clearing the air. Thinking of you as always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good Annie
    To have such a good chat and laugh
    I felt like a new woman after it!
    Better than any medicine

    Thanks Hun
    Thinking of you too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a lovely day, i had one too today; smiles all round! xx jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some girlfriends also come and go but on the whole we DO need to value our women friends more!

    Even if we are attached, men can't/won't/don't fulfill all our needs.

    And.laughter is the best medicine!

    What was your friend's opinion on the plumber?

    Shelby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's true too Shelby

      My friend enlightened me that that is the way folk do it nowadays
      People jump in to bed together at the drop of a hat
      I'm afraid I still like the old fashioned way
      And want to actually know a bit about a person before I sleep with them

      Hope you're well Shelby x

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you could get out and talk and laugh with your friend today. Sometimes it's the simple things in life.
    It's funny, but I've always gotten along better with guys. Blogger is my first real social circle that's mostly female.

    Also, just sent a quick email in response to your comment.

    Lots of love <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it hun
      Thanks
      Will reply today at some stage x

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you got to catch up with your friend. It sounds like you had a lovely time. I agree that girlfriends are important. They are good to laugh and share a coffee with. It's good for the soul.
    I don't have a huge active social life at the moment as all my friends are interstate, but when I do meet up with my friend here or my friends come and visit we always have a good time.
    Hope you're doing okay Ruby. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to do that Anne
      I felt so good after meeting my friend yesterday
      And it's good to be able to laugh about the whole date fiasco though x

      Delete
  7. The people in your life are what defines you, at least that's true for me. Some people pick me up, others put me down. I know who I want to spend my time with.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  8. I've suffered from bulimia and it consumed my life. I was able to overcome bulimia like you also then I started to enjoy my life. Living as a girl with an Eating disorder is not easy. But I managed to rule my life and end bulimia in my life. Read my bulimia story at http://www.bulimiafree.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x