Sunday 11 October 2015

Big dogs V Small dogs

Someone left a comment on my blog yesterday
Wondering what happened with the dog shelter
I know I haven't mentioned it
But I am starting  there next week 
I spoke to them before I went away
And we agreed next week would be the best time to start
As I had my driving lessons and test this week 
I am still very much looking forward to starting at the dog shelter 
It will happen 
One way or another 

In other news 
While we were away
My Dad looked after Honey and Lea
They love him 
:Mostly because he spoils them rotten 
And is constantly feeding them 
I came home to two quite pudgey dogs 
So I am trying to exercise then more
And give them less treats 
It's hard 
But I know I have to do it if I want them to stay happy and healthy
It's tough because one of the ways I show love to my dogs is to feed them
I love nothing more than watching them gobble down their dinner 
Or lying out in the garden gnawing on a juicy bone 
It makes me happy when they are happy

I saw this on Facebook today
Honey and Lea to a T

Big Dogs:  Hello wonderful human being!
Would you please rub my belly
And scratch my ears?!
I will be eternally grateful for your attention.
Do not be alarmed by my large appearance
I just love to cuddle and give kisses
I will be your best friend forever

Small Dogs:  Fight me you fuck! 
I will fuck your shit up!
You wanna piece of me?!
Let's go!
I will fucking end you!
I may be tiny but do not underestimate me!
I am your worst nightmare!!!




10 comments:

  1. I'm ok with not giving extra treats, but I've never been able to restrict my pet's regular food. Super, super triggering, and makes me feel like crap. I'm lucky with the pup - Xander is totally normal about food, and maintains a very lean body naturally. The cat is a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really hard Tempest
      My two actually go to the press where I keep the treats and bark
      I always give them a treat when we come in from out walk
      Then feed them at 12pm
      And again at 5pm
      So trying not to give any more than that
      You're lucky Xander maintains a good healthy body weight
      My two definitely need to lose a bit at the moment x

      Delete
  2. So true about the dogs haha, my jack Russell's crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I've always had small dogs (although Billy seems to think he's much bigger than he is, especially around other dogs!) and they're the most adorable things ever.

    If anything, I'd say that relates more to Dogs vs Cats :P

    Good luck with the shelter next week <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun
      I will keep you updated for sure

      Hope you are doing ok x

      Delete
  4. Te he:
    " 'I will END you-!' "

    TOO funny

    <3 Jils
    PS: sounds lk a 'gangsta' =°•°= posing as a dog…-!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is like a gangsta Jils
      She thinks she is the boss of us all
      Ha! X

      Delete
    2. best leave it, hun…
      'Hons' might resemble that remark-! ; )

      she could HEAR us! D: [lol]

      Delete
  5. Mum spoils the kitties rotten when I'm away; I think Ivy gained about 10 pounds while I was in Kentucky. She loves her treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x