Saturday 10 October 2015

Memories of Turkey

I'm only now sorting all of the things I bought in Turkey
Presents for friends and family 
Keepsakes for myself 
We actually brought an empty bag with
Because we knew we'd have more coming back than we had going out
As we all know
I am a dedicated and passionate shopper 
My favourite day of our holiday
Was in the Grand Bizarre 
Haggling with the traders
And trying to get a good price
The thing with haggling is 
That both parties should come out of it happy
Often the initial price a trader gives you
Will be greatly inflated 
And they expect you to haggle with them
But not insult them

So here is some of my haul....



Turkish Slippers were 65 Turkish Lira and bought for 50  

Toms

New Balance trainers

Turkish bathrobe was 65 Turkish Lira and bought for 50

Topkapi Palace t-shirt

Soap for a friend

The evil eye to ward off evil spirits

Couldn't resist this notebook

1 comment:

  1. Trust you to bring an empty bag, haha :)

    You certainly came home with some beautiful things. I love the footwear in particular. And that bathrobe! The little tassels make me smile.

    I don't know if I could step up to haggling! My total haggling experience equates to buying Pokemon cards at the weekend market with my pocket money when I was a kid :P

    Love the notebook, too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x