Saturday 10 October 2015

Money maker?

My sister has a real business head on her shoulders
She worked in Sydney Australia for ten years as a project manager
So she is very computer literate 
She thinks logically 
And is the designated technical support person in our house
I swear we would be lost without her
And were while she was away
She is home over a year now
And she took the first year to find her feet here
And to look after her mental health
She is now doing well
She has come off her meds 
And feels able to look for work now 
So she has moved 6 hours away
To stay with her partner 
While she looks for work
As there is just no work here for her
Or for anyone for that matter 

For a while now 
My sister has been telling me 
That I should try and make some money from my blog 
And that it's a valid way to make an income 
I guess my blog is like a job in a lot of ways 
I do it at the same time every day 
I put a lot of work and energy in to it
And I pour my heart and soul in to it
For a long time 
It really didn't matter to me whether my blog made money or not 
It wasn't about money 
And it's still not about money
But I can't lie 
It would be amazing if I could earn some sort of living out of writing my blog

I've seen blogs with advertisements 
And I'm not sure I want to go that route 
Especially not if its some thing to do with weigh loss or anything like that
That goes against everything my blog stands for 
And I don't want the tone and flow of the blog to be tarnished with ads 
My sister also thinks I should make my blog in to an E-Book
Again
I don't know quite how that works 
But I am definitely interested 
I mean 
Yes 
I can write 
But all the other stuff 
Like logistics and computers 
I'm not so good at 

I guess these days 
There are more and more ways to make money on line
You have Youtubers 
And people who write books
Self publish books 
And if there was a way to make money from my blog 
Apart from advertisements 
I would definitely do it 

I haven't worked in quite a while 
My last job was teaching dance to kids 
It was something that I set up myself 
And went on to have four classes a week 
I've had many jobs since leaving school
Everything from working in a factory 
To being a teller in a bank 
I'm really not good in those type of jobs though 
And I think I do better in a more creative type of post 
Or working with animals 
Which I am so passionate about 

My blog is something that I love to do 
Even if I never made a penny out of it 
I would still do it 
It means more to me than money ever could 
Making money from it would be a bonus 

With all that said 
I was wondering about you 
Have you ever thought about making money from your blog? 
Would you put ads on your blog? 
Have you ever thought about publishing an E-Book?
Inquiring minds want to know.....

8 comments:

  1. i don't know anything about it but it certainly sounds a good idea,still think you could turn it into a book,did you say your brother is a writer? jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is Jo
      I guess I should talk to him about the book end of things
      I think an E-Book is pretty straight forward
      So that is probably my best bet
      It would be amazing though
      To make money out of something I love to do
      Here's hoping.... X

      Delete
  2. I'm an old fashioned writer, I like fountain pens and type writers. I've shinned e-books for years. I'm Not sure Id want to publish any of my stories as one. I could do it with a collection of short stories, but I'd like to go through a publishing house. I came close to having a novel published with a major house once after being pulled aside from a competition I wasn't even short listed in. The only reason I didn't get published is because that particular house doesn't publish fantasy.
    An e-book would work for you. I would certainly buy it if you sold one and you can always get help with the technology side of things. I think Amazon has an e-book publishing program for self-published authors.
    I think everyone has had jobs they're not too good at at some stage. You have to start somewhere. I started in hospitality and now I'm in my dream job. Libraries.
    I hope you succeed in what ever you choose to do. Take care Ruby dear.
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne
      Yes, its all something to think about
      I have a few options open to me
      I have faith that it will all happen x

      Delete
  3. I thought about putting ads on my blog once, but seeing them on other blogs I decided not to. If I'm going to advertise something, I'd rather it be something I choose.

    It's hard to make money off self-published books, but I think it's worth a try. Maybe a book of essays? Amazon has a website called createspace that makes it very easy to make your own book, and you can have it book as an e-book and in print. I've used them for my books, they do a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this Mich
      I know very little about this
      But I really want to learn
      What books have you written? X

      Delete
  4. What happened with the dog shelter????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry
      It's happening
      I'm starting next week..... X

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x