Monday 12 October 2015

Stats and blogs

Sometimes it seems that blogger is so quiet
And thar it's all happening over on Wordpress
I did start a blog over on WP in 2013
Called Poppy Recovering
It's still there as far as I know
Then myself and the lovely Annie set up a blog there called Partners in Crime
We wanted it to be a positive recovery blog
But alas 
We were both unable to continue
As we were both struggling 

I actually came across WP before I came across blogger
The first blog I ever started reading was Recovering Anorexic
It was amazing to find that blog
As she wrote about things I was afraid to
I think she really blazed a trail for us ED bloggers 
She blogged anonymously
But had to delete her blog
As her anonymity was compromised 
She had experienced recovery
But the last time I read her blog
She was in the midst of a relapse 
Her honesty was so inspiring 
And was one of the reasons I started writing my own blog 
I remember she commented on my blog a couple of times 
I was so delighted 
I think she still writes 
Under a different name
But I haven't been able to find her blog

My stints over on WP never lasted 
I always felt drawn back to and then she disappeared
As I have such a fondness for this blog
And the people here
I feel like this is my blogging home 
Also 
I found WP much more difficult to navigate 
And although there are some amazing blogs
And amazing writers over there
Blogger is where I belong 

I started writing this blog three and a half years ago 
Since then 
I have written 932 posts 
Made so many wonderful friends 
Won awards 
Took part in a TV show
Helped students with projects
Guest posted for other blogs
And written articles for magazines 
So much amazing stuff has happened through writing this blog
It just goes to show 
If you put yourself out there 
Such brilliant things can happen 

I check my stats regularly 
As I like to see which countries are reading 
I'm always blown away 
When I see views from Russia
And Lebanon 
And Australia 
I think most people who read my blog don't comment 
And then I have my regulars 
Who without fail always reach out and comment 
Whether I get one comment
Or one hundred comments 
It makes my day when someone takes the time and energy to write and send love to me 
That's why I always reply to comments 
I want to pay back the Iove someone has shown me 

I Aldo check page views 
Out of curiosity
I get an average of 700 page views per day 
I have no idea if that is a lot or a little
So I was wondering about you
Do you check your stats?
How often?
 What is your average page views per day?
Does it bother you if your stats are low?
Inquiring minds want to know....

15 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby, I don't have by own blog and there are only two that I read. It took me a while to find what I was looking for but yours, and the other one seem to cover everything. I enjoy reading your daily updates, your sense of humour and your honesty. So thanks. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!
      Thank you so much!
      I am both delighted and honoured that you chose my blog to read
      Thank you my dear x

      Delete
  2. 'HI,' Rubly-!!
    Good mornin' to ya !! :D

    Your questions don't apply to me cos I don't hv a Blog… (yet-?) but I'd be on here rather than wp; it seems confusing over there! PLUS, it's a Data-hog--whenever I'm there any signif amount of time, there is marked increase in my usage!! D:
    [I suck it up for Ems tho, & I gotta try to re-locate our beloved Pers-! over there].
    If I Blogd, I might not mind if ppl dint comment, & #'s sure wouldnt matter.

    i LOVE you…-! jils

    [PLEASE Pray for me\send good thoughts, my Beloved bike, 'Emma' got nicked outta me apt Sнабат (Sat) morning!!!!!!!! >: (] AND she was LOCKED-!!!] >.> GRrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Jils!!!
      That's just horried
      Who would do such a mean spirited thing?
      I will of course pray that you get your bike back safe and sound
      And that karma gets the person who stole it

      Love you too x

      Delete
    2. Cheers, Babe-!
      : ) <3<3

      PS: guessing I'm needing a sm dog (or gangsta-kitty) to 'END' the person …or @ least be my guard-?? ; )

      Delete
    3. Ha!
      I will send Honey over stat! X

      Delete
    4. Du-uude !!
      'Grt Minds'

      Was actually gonna ASK u if she was available for a brief stint @ mine, but didn't wanna seem presumptuous……


      (I'd posted this reply last nite, but it smhw later ERASED! …-!?! kTHNX, Blogger) :/

      Delete
  3. Every once in a while I'll log in to statcounter and check up on blog stats. I used to find it pretty amusing how a lot of people found my blog through random google searches (searches for "woman electric chair" brought the most traffic......), but now with all the browser updates and privacy settings you can't see what anyone was searching for anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll notice a visitor who has actually sat and read my entire blog from start to finish and I am blown away.

    I'm also blown away by how many people are still using Internet Explorer like seriously y'all need to get rid of that scheisse and use firefox.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he that hilarious
      I love looking at that too Mich
      To see how people find my blog
      It's really funny to see how people have ended up at my blog

      And yes
      I am always really impressed when someone reads my blog in one go
      Who has the time to do that? X

      Delete
  4. I'm just amazed ANYONE would read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we want to read your blog CP
      Your blog is one of my firm favourites
      You are funny
      Witty
      Sarcastic
      And I love that about you x

      Delete
  5. do you get stats on the people who write as "anonymous"? i've always been curious about this ... about how anonymous it really is? i don't mind, i'm just curious. i always write on people's blogs as anonymous if that is an option, and sometimes i wonder if, e.g., they can see whether it is the same anonymous on different occasions, or anything else?
    well done with such a successful blog! you write well, and the various tabs are interesting and the pictures are creative and nice. i hope you enjoyed the day with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so
      I don't think you can tell from blog to blog if it is the same anonymous commenter
      Although I am not fully sure about that
      I know a lot of people disable anonymous comments
      But some of my regular readers comment anonymously
      So I keep it x

      Delete
  6. Hey Rubs I only found your blog maybe 3 months ago as was looking for a proof that there's a way forward from ED not just that horrible limbo shite where you just surviving and wait to be found out spinning 100 plates at once and for things to start going wrong - and boy they do- which you feel you deserve because you haven't still managed to get your shit together whilst being super aware that you can't be getting away with this for much longer.
    So finding you was awesome, you sharing your journey openly, photos and names and all, has made me feel less lonely, I don't post much but I often have this self talk when am driving or running or sewing about what I would say to you, sometimes I get quite passionate about this monologue and try write it down, often it comes out funny as English is not my native language haha. I blog as an anonymous as I tried making a nick name but wasn't sure how to go about, but I'm writing from beautiful New Zealand if you want to know, it's a lot like Ireland in places and I draw so much from its vast beauty
    You are sweet and caring and brutal and I love that, please keep on letting us see you grow stronger, you make us strong and that will make you smile when you don't feel like it. My life is a bit crap at the moment, all of sudden my husband's depression is making me seek inner sources of strength within myself, just to keep our little family going, I feel like falling apart but simply can't afford to, it's making me stronger too though and I'm not losing my hope for us all.
    Thank you for being here for us, much love and hugs k xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!
      I am speechless!!
      Thank you so much for this comment
      For reading and for reaching out
      This is exactly the reason that I write this blog
      To help others
      To connect with others
      And hopefully make someone feel less alone and isolated
      I write honestly
      As I know how much it helps me to read the honesty of others
      It's like it gives us permission to say and write what we are really feeling
      Thank you so much for this comment
      It absolutely made my day
      Do you write a blog?
      Do leave me the address if you do

      'Much much love from Ireland x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x