Saturday 3 October 2015

Home again, home again jiggidy jig!

That title is a little reference to my mum
Any time we arrived home she always said this
And it had stuck through the generations
Random piece of information

As I type this 
I am sitting in Dublin airport
Waiting for my luggage
After a marathon journey so far
We still have three hours on a bus to look forward to
But I'm not complaining
I'm just glad to be on home turf 

I left myself in a bit of a pickle regarding my meds this week
I took another day off on Thursday
As I hadn't been well
A mixture of food not agreeing with me and dehydration I think
So I retired to the roof terrace of the hotel
And finished my book
I also went a bit over board on my meds
Leaving myself with no tablets
And less than two days methadone for the next 48hours
It always seems like such a good idea at the time
But I never fail to regret 
You would think I would learn.....

Anyway
Yesterday our bus to Izmir wasn't until 6pm
So we did some last minute sightseeing during the day 
Booked a late check out
And basically hung out in the hotel most of the day
My sister and I were so bored 
That I did her makeup for the trip
Complete with fire engine red lipstick
We also filled out the guest satisfaction form
And added illustrations for effect
I spent much of the day with the new born kittens in a cardboard box at the front of the hotel
Two tiny white ones
Their eyes not open yet
Only a few days old
And an older black kitten whose mother had abandoned it
That the newborns mother adopted
So I was out there yesterday with them
And the mother was no where to be seen
The babies were crying so hard for her
To the point that I was getting upset
I asked the hotel owner what we could do
And he said that his sister comes to feed them twice a day
And as luck would have it
She arrived there and then
And fed them with a tiny syringe
I felt a little better after that
And we jumped in to a taxi to Selcuk train station
And on to Izmir airport

The train came on time
But man alive getting on the train was an ordeal
Obviously 
It was the end of our holiday
And our bags were just that bit bigger and heavier than the way there
I scrambled to get on the train
Along with about 500 hundred other people 
I threw my case on first
And was in such a flurry
I missed the first step
And my leg went under the train
I panicked 
And called for my brother
He turned around and pulled my bag 
And me on to the train
Bad start to the journey

We arrived in Izmir an hour later for our flight to Istanbul
We had just checked in 
And were going to go through security
When it all kicked off
First I could hear a man raise his voice
It got louder and louder
All in Turkish
Suddenly he was shouting and gesticulating 
And getting extremely angry
The girl he was shouting at also raised her voice
And they were having a full scale argument
The man was then led away by security
It really unnerved me 
Suddenly
I became supper self conscious about myself 
And the meds in my bag
My letter from my doctor was in my check in bag
And inside I began to panic 
By now I was down to one days methadone 
Tablets long gone
I worried that if it was taken off me 
I would be up shit creek

Thankfully security went smoothly
My methadone safe in my bag
My next worry was when should I take it
I didn't want to take it to early 
Incase the plane was delayed or something happened
But I also could feel myself going in to withdrawal
So at 8pm
I took it
All I could do now was hope for the best

We arrived in Istanbul airport at about 11pm
Our flight to Dublin wasn't until 7 30am
So we had a long night in the terminal 
I managed to sleep though 
So it wasn't too bad 

Thank you God, Budda, Alla
Who ever it was
For giving us a safe and straightforward flight home
It couldn't have gone smoother 
And when we touched down in Dublin
I wanted to kiss the ground

Edit: Now waiting for bus home

We went through Dublin airport
On the way to collect our bags
We had to show our passports at customs
I was half asleep
And rooted in my bag for said passport
I pulled out what I thought was it
And got a hop when I looked at it 
And saw it was in fact a bright blue sanitary towel
Way to go Ruby!
I giggled nervously 
And quickly took it back 
All part of the fun of travelling

I can't tell you how good it is to be back
And to get home?
To see Honey and Lea?
I just know they are going to have kittens when they see us
I've missed them so much
So I'm off to get my bus home 
I'll leave you with some photos of the kitty cats from our hotel
See you next time.....






12 comments:

  1. glad your home safe and sound, have enjoyed seeing all your photos,love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo Jo
      It was a great trip
      But you can't beat coming home

      How are you doing?
      Text me x

      Delete
  2. love the story about passport control! thank you so much for sharing a laugh - could just as well have been me. i try hard to look boring, apathetic, and perhaps mildly grumpy when approaching passport control, esp. in the UK, as the demeanour that i expect to be least likely to stir the officers' fears, but it all depends who's on duty.... the only time i had trouble was when i was too cheerful and bouncy (glad to be home), hence the studious cultivation of the opposite now, but recently they've seemed to expect or quite like a smile sometimes, so i hope that's normal, it probably is! such an art! and that's only the passport control....! the cats look sweet. x look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha it was funny
      It's good to laugh at these things
      For some reason
      I always get really nervous going through passport control
      Even though I know I've done nothing wrong
      I still think I'm going to be taken away in handcuffs!

      Those baby kittens broke my heart
      I wanted to bring them home and mind them
      They are so helpless

      Thank you
      Look after you too x

      Delete
  3. I've missed you and I need to catch up on your blog big style. I started a public one, I don't know if you want to follow or not no pressure but the link is http://fragmentsofaninvisiblegirl.blogspot.co.uk/
    it's amanda - her kaleidoscope eyes/dandelion girl/ etc. i'VE missed you, sorry I've been so very awol recently. I will catch up, I still have the card and guardian angel you sent me all those years ago xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetheart
      I am so glad you got in touch
      I lost track of your blogs
      But I have missed you too
      You were always special to me
      I will check on your blog today
      And try and catch up
      Really hope you are ok
      Email me anytime x

      Delete
  4. Those kittens are adorable, don't worry too much about the mother cat. She'll be back, she usually goes to eat and comes back for her babies. Some people bring in kittens like these to my rescue group because they think the mother won't come back for them when in fact the mother will. So the kittens will be fine. When separated that young they need to be hand reared, so bottle fed, toileted everything.
    I'm glad you spent time with the kittens though, they would have been glad to have the company. If you ever come across kittens like these again leave them be, but keep and eye on them, if mamma cat doesn't come back within a day or so it should be okay to take them to rescue.
    I hope you enjoyed your trip and looking forward to seeing the pups again
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know Anne
      As I was really worried about them
      They were crying so hard
      And one even managed to get out of the box
      I was terrified for them
      I didn't disturb them though
      Just watched them and made sure they were ok
      I hope the mama cat did come back x

      Delete
  5. Aw! The kitties are adorable. The one in the last two pictures is so fluffy! I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly with security. I'm sure they wouldn't have taken a single dose of methadone off you, even if the letter was in your checked luggage.
    Enjoy a nice, slow few days at home :)

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat was so funny
      Her name was Sigma
      And she sat on that chair asleep all day
      She hated people touching her
      But of course everyone went up to her
      Taking photos and stroking her

      Yes today is a right off Bella
      My body feels like I've been beaten up x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x