Sunday 4 October 2015

It's good to be home

So so good
After a marathon of a journey
To finally walkin the door of my house
Oh the relief just to be back in my comfort zone
Honey and Lea gave us a great welcome
And they are in great form
They had a lovely time with their Grandad who minded them while we were away
When the get I get home from holida
I can't relax until my case is in packed 
And my laundry and clothes sorted
So that was the first thing I did
I was amazed at the amount of clothes o brought
And didn't wear
But isn't that always the way

The bus journey home yesterday was a bit of a nightmare
About half way home
I began to get a horrible cramp in the bottom of my stomach
At first I thought I was going on to withdrawal
But then I recognised it as needed to go to the bathroom
Thankfully the bus had a five minute stop half way
So I ran to the bathroom 
And had a really bad bout of diarrhoea 
I mean really bad 
The worst I think I've ever had 
Then 
Horror of all horrors
There was no toilet paper
I searched my bag 
And found the closet thing was a sanitary towel
So I had to use that
Mortifying
The bus set off again
And I didn't have any more occurrences 

My tummy has been a bit off all my holiday though
I went from being constipated to having severe diarrhoea 
Partly because of the food
Which didn't really agree with me
It was hit and miss for me
Some of the food I liked
And some was just horrible
And it's much different to western food 
So our systems just aren't used to it

The day we travelled home 
I wore the jeans that I had worn travelling to Turkey
And hadn't worn them all holiday
They were noticeably looser
In fact they were falling off me 
It makes sense really that I would lose weight
Given I wasn't eating properly
I went to weigh myself at home
But the battery in my scale is gone
But I know I have lost 
And it's actually massively triggering
The feeling of an empty stomach 
My clothes looser
And generally feeling smaller in myself 
I don't think it's any harm though
I'm not deliberately tying to lose weight
And my weight does fluctuate a lot
I won't worry about it
But I will keep an eye on it
As I don't want to go down that road again

I am so very tired today
I walked the dogs this morning 
And literally had to drag myself down the road 
My body feels so heavy 
Like I've been beaten up
I have today to rest 
And tomorrow it's back to the doctor 
Them I have a driving lesson tomorrow
As I have my driving test in Tuesday 
Which I am dreading 
And so unprepared for
But I will do it
And see how I get on

Ok
I really need to go sleep now
Do I shall see you on the next post....

6 comments:

  1. Hey rubs welcome home lovely to see all the pics and hearing all about a different country, you almost could smell and taste just by reading about it :-) I've always loved travelling, I think I could see it as a new chance to be different and start afresh, as always I took it to extreme and left my home country 15 years ago, tried one country for 7 years and then found a new one 8 years ago. It all could be a paradise if it wasn't for the fact emotional baggage is like a dog poo, you take it with you wherever you go. Unlike you I've never had the maturity to let go of childhood hurts and have a challenging relationship with my mum, now I'm a mum myself going through a tough time caused by my own bulimia and my husband's depression, and all I want to do is curl up in my mum's lap and cry. But she is a world away and I would only worry her to death if she knew....so I think it is just bloody lovely that your family is sticking together and even holidaying together that's so awesome and precious :-) Take care k xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken. A lot of time and tears to get to this point K
      We weren't always like this
      I can remember holidays when we had blazing rows
      And the whole thing was ruined by me fighting with my siblings
      But yes
      I think we are now at a point where we can behave civilly to each other

      I love that you've had the courage to live in another country
      I moved across the country too ten years ago to kick start my recovery
      But you are right
      Where ever you go
      There you are
      And your problems come with you
      I'm sorry to read that you are struggling
      I hope you have support and people you can talk to
      That is vital
      Thank you for sharing some of your story
      I wish you health and happiness for the future x

      Delete
  2. Turkey tummy, eh? Happens to all of us (been there twice, diarrhoea both times). Welcome home, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we all got it CP
      If I never see another kebab again it will be too soon

      Thank you
      So glad to be home
      It's the best thing about going away x

      Delete
  3. Welcome home, Amiga-! So sorry abt your tummy troubles!! : ( You poor thing

    Me Rx:
    A few days' rest, puppy huggles aplenty, some reg routine [& Irish grub-!] & she'll be right, yeah-? ; )

    love you; Jils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun
      It's so good to be home
      Just heading out for my driving lesson now
      As I have my driving test tomorrow
      So not looking forward to it
      But I will try my best

      Hope you are well x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x