Friday 6 November 2015

General update

Just a little post to let you know how things are going at the moment
We are getting work done on our kitchen at the moment
A new wood floor in the sitting area
And the work top in the kitchen is being extended
Needless to say
The house is completely upside down
Workmen in and out of the house
A thick layer of dust over everything 
The dogs are totally confused
The kitchen and utility room are their rooms really 
So now they've been taken over
There is no where for them to go 
So Lea sits in my car 
And Honey wanders around the garden like a little lost soul 
The weather is miserable at the moment 
Very fitting for November 
We've had to move everything out of the kitchen
So we are making tea and such in my bedroom
That suits me just fine as I drink copious amounts of tea 
Anyway 
It will be worth it when the kitchen is done
There will be air more room and space
So we will concentrate on that 

This morning 
My sister and I got up early 
About 7am
Brought the dogs for a walk 
And then went swimming 
We have been meaning to go swimming for months 
And finally went this morning 
I used to go swimming a lot last year 
As with a lot of things 
I am all or nothing 
I used to swim five times a week 
Then one day I stopped going 
And haven't been since 
I must admit 
I didn't really want to go swimming this morning 
I just couldn't find the motivation
But my sister talked me into it
So I went 
Part of the reason I didn't want to go swimming 
Is that I didn't want to see myself in a swimming suit 
And didn't want others to see me either 
But I figured we were very early so we might not meet anyone else
We arrived at the pool at about 8 30am
There was dance music being piped in to the changing rooms
So my sister and I had a morning rave 
Which was fun 
Then it was time to strip 
And make our way out to the pool 
Getting in is the worst part
I was freezing 
But 
I jumped in 
And soon got used to the water 
Once I was in
I really enjoyed it 
I usually swim about 140 lengths
But I wanted to ease in to it today
So I was happy having done 80
As I got out of the water
I caught sight of myself in a glass door
To my surprise 
I didn't look too bad 
I still have a bit of colour on my skin
I look healthy 
Curvy
Like a 34 year old woman should 
From shopping the other day
I know what size I am
I tried on clothes in size 8, 10 and 12
And I would say that I am in fact a 9
Somewhere between 8 and 10 is perfect for me 
And of course 
It depends on the shop
Sizes can differ greatly from brand to brand 
So yes 
I think I am ok with my body 
I don't love it
But I don't hate it the way I used to 
It is what it is 
And I can live with it 
Just about 

I must admit 
Curiousity has got the better of me recently 
And I have weighed myself a few times 
My weight seems to have stabilised 
And I am happy enough at a BMI of 20 - 22
As someone once said to me 
If my clothes fit 
If my hair and nails are healthy 
And if I feel good 
Then it doesn't really matter what my weight is 
And anyway 
Apart from myself 
I don't think any one gives a flying f**k what weight I am 
They care that I am healthy and happy 
Not that I weigh X kilos 
Or that I am a certain clothes size
I don't know
Maybe it's my age 
Or maybe it's my recovery 
But as I get older
I care less and less what people think of me
And I am also becoming less judgmental 
Of others 
You weigh this amount?
That's cool 
As long as you are happy and healthy
It doesn't effect me 
You smoke?
That's cool too 
It doesn't effect me
You rock a faceful of piercings?
More power to you 
Whatever works for you 
You wear nine inch heel thigh high boots?
Go for it!
You are braver than me 
I don't care if you shave your head
Grow a beard 
Have various body modifications 
If you wear skin tight leather pants 
Or don't wear clothes at all 
I say cool!
What ever works for you
And whatever you feel comfortable in 
I support whatever decision you want to make for your health and happiness 

In other news
My Mother is still holding on to my meds
And that is working quite well
It hasnt been perfect every single day
But it's a lot better than it was
And I am doing my best 
I haven't gone to a meeting yet 
And the thought of going is very overwhelming 
But 
I still plan to go
If I could just get there 
And get my ass out the door 
I get very anxious when I think of going
I know I don't have to speak if I don't want to 
But if I go
I want to speak 
But that is putting pressure on myself 
And I can't help doing that 
I also know that it would help me to go 
Just for my head
And for peace of mind 
I will try to go
I really will 

That's really all for now folks 
I hope you have a lovely Friday
And see you on the next post....

6 comments:

  1. 140 lengths, wow! im not much of a swimmer can just about manage one.i don't wear very adventurous clothes but do seem to be growing a beard quite successfully!hey ho. glad your having a good day,any firework plans?they are everywhere where i live only watch from the window though.too many bangs.. take care and hope you feel like going to a meeting soon. love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he that is funny Jo!
      You can be a hipster!

      No all quiet here, no fireworks
      Though I'd've if there were

      I hope I get there soon too Jo
      Just going to text you noW x

      Delete
  2. Hey, Rubly,
    Glad you had a nice day holiday to Dublin; I LOVE the jumper you got-! *très jelly!!* :/

    Remodels are like Thee WORST, (2e only to Moving, which is onea the world's banes imho!) D: but are well-worth it in the end. hehe, just-now thought of this: Consider it as Dental work for the kitchen--v painful @ the time, but Fierce results-! ; )

    Was thinking smthg, I really hv been needing to get Myself back in those seats--my food is ALL OVER the place!!! D: + :/
    I'm planning to go to Grp next Thurs, [to OA, "Foodies Anon"]. The mtg starts @ 10.30 which is either 1800 or 1700 Your time, (depending on if you lot turnt your clocks back recently-??)
    AW, was thinking we could attend 'Together'…?? I haven't been since mebbe Sept of LAST year, even ONCE…-!! I DON'T WANT TO GO :/ *which means I really NEED it!! >.>*

    If you wanted to 'meet up,' our times needn't coordinate, it's just the Day that counts.
    Oh, & TOTALLY not stopping you going earlier in the week [or even @ this wkend-!! : )] My Grp only meet 2ice weekly, & Mon is booked.

    AW, just an idea\'food for thought'……Hah-!

    <3 & Huggles; Jils

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you go to OA?
    I've been to it a few times
    Isn't thdt the one with the food plan?
    A friend of mine goes and follows the strict food plan
    I tried it and it's not for me
    But I know it works for some

    I am going to try and get to a meeting next Tuesday
    But I will also be going Thursday if you want to go then
    And you are right
    It's alwAys when we don't want to go that we should really go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. USED to go-- haven't been in over a yr!

    We have OA, but then some places have the 'HOW' programme, [a sub-Grp w\in OA] which have the strict plans; OA reg is just like AA, but for Foodies.

    Was thinking you could do AA [or NA] whilst I OA'd, & say we went together?-the 12 Steps are the same.
    I'm determined to go, but I think, no, I KNO the accountability would get my butt out the door-!! I really NEED to go back, lest I eat myself to death; [not coping so well since the Emma-nicking incident]

    AW, I shall be rooting for you Tues, & shall say a Prayer in the interim to shore up your courage-!

    "Go GET 'em," Rubly !!!
    <3 Jils

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've stumbled upon your blog a few times and just thought to leave a little message :) I, too am recovering from an eating disorder... I wish you all the best & God bless. You are absolutely beautiful!! You have a lovely smile! :)
    I hope I get the chance to visit Ireland one day, it seems like a lovely place (and I've heard that the people are nice too :D)
    Good luck and take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x