Saturday 14 November 2015

To Paris with love...

I woke up this morning to the news of the terror attacks in Paris last night
As I write this
My Mother and I are watching the news 
And the terror that unfolded 
My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those that were killed
And I genuinely worry for the state of the world 
Take care today
Keep your loved ones close 
And remember how lucky we are 
That we weren't attacked
That we are not living in a country under siege 
And forced to flee our homes for an unknown and uncertain future 
That we, as women, have the luxury of food
Of clean water 
Of the right to vote 
The right to education
All over the world atrocities are happening 
Sometimes it doesn't seem real to me
It's like a made up story 
Happening in a made up place
These attacks in Paris are too close for comfort 
Today I am grateful to have my family safe and well 
To have my dogs at my feet 
And freedom at my fingertips 
Paris
We are thinking of you...

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving some love x