Wednesday 23 December 2015

Downtown

I went in to town today
To do some last minute shopping
Collect bits and pieces
And generally try and get ready for Christmas 
I saw a girl with a gorgeous pinafore dress on the TV last week
I thought it would be lovely to wear on Christmas Day
Classy yet comfortable
So I went to all the usual suspect shops to try and find one
But to no avail
I did go through my wardrobe last night
And did find a grey cord pinafore from years ago
So that will have to do
We have a tradition in our house every Christmas 
That we all buy Christmas pyjamas
And this year is no different 
I love getting dressed up for the big day
But my favourite outfit of all is a pair of cost pyjamas

As for me 
I'm doing ok 
Still very pale 
And get tired very easily 
So I'm taking it easy
Lots of rest and relaxation is the order of the day 
I was on my way to meet my friend from treatment 
I was a bit early 
So I nipped in to the shoe shop beside it
There was a girl sitting down trying on shoes
Our eyes met
I recognised the face
But couldn't work out where i knew her from 
She said hello 
She seemed to know me
I walked towards her 
Then it hit me
It was a girl from my ward in hospital
The one I used to pal around with
I sat down and we hugged
And swapped numbers
Which was great as if really like to stay in touch with her
We said goodbye
And I headed off to meet my friend

This girl was in treatment with me
And we both happened to be from the same area
We've been firm friends since meeting back in 2013 
This girl has her own family
A husband 
Three boys 
A career 
And a busy social life
But we try to meet up every couple of weeks
Today was our third Christmas meeting up
We talked about treatment 
The girls 
The staff 
How much we've all changed
She said that I look very gaunt at the moment 
Which I do 
I know I'm very pale 
And a bit sickly looking 
At one point 
My friend got really emotional 
And we both shed a little tear
It was good to catch up though
Friends are so important 

As I type this 
I am sitting in my mothers car
With my mother and sister 
And the stupid car won't start 
It's raining 
It's windy 
There's a storm on the way 
And it's getting darker by the minute
We just rang AA
That's the automobile association
Not Alcoholics Anonymous 
And are waiting for them to come and save us 
Typical that this happens to us 
On one of the busiest shopping days of the year 
We can do nothing but wait 
So that's what we will do 
As ever 
I will keep you posted
And is anyone is near by with a jump lead 
Give me a shout.....

4 comments:

  1. I would love lounging about in a pyjamas for X-mas, but I'm going to my sisters and clothes are required :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      I bought my Christmas pyjamas today
      I also have Christmas pants and socks
      And excuse to buy new pants and socks!
      If I had my way
      I would wear pyjamas all day, every day! X

      Delete
  2. Aw noo, I hope the AA came quickly to sort your car out and you got home safe and sound! Happy Christmas Eve Eve today Rubs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a very merry Christmas Ruby.
    Sorry I've been horrible at commenting lately. I'm Sorry to hear that you've been unwell in hospital and wish you a speedy recovery.
    Because I'm in the Southern Hemisphere my family get pyjamas for Easter instead of Christmas. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember.
    I hope you have a nice relaxing Christmas Ruby dearest.
    Anne Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x