Tuesday 1 December 2015

Home sweet Home....

For me
The best thing about going away
Is coming home
After a long journey yesterday
We arrive home at about 7pm
Honey and Lea had a huge welcome for me
And I sat on the floor with them for a while
My Dad stayed with them for the weekend
They absolutely love him
And just fling themselves at him when they see him
When I know he is on the way
I say to the dogs
'Whose come to see you?'
I don't think they know what the words mean
But my tone of voice lets them know thdt something exciting is about to happen
I then unpacked my case 
Changed in to a comfortable pair of pyjamas 
Made a cup of tea 
And curled up on the couch for the evening 

I also weighed myself this morning
I gained a grand total of one pound over the last few days 
But seriously 
I need to do something about the food situation at the moment
I'm back in the cycle of eat, purge, eat, purge...
I can't even say I am bingeing
As the amount I am eating does not constitute a binge
But to all intents and purposes 
It feels very much like a binge
Craving the food the way I used to crave heroin
The mindless, out of control eating
And then purging it all out
I read recently about the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger
Apparently 
With physical hunger
Almost anything will fill that hole
Any type of food will satisfy the craving 
But with emotional hunger 
It is a lot more acute 
You crave a certain item of food
And only that food will do
Usually it's a high fat, high sugar or carbohydrate type food
I know I crave strong flavours
Sour and salt and tangy
I never find I crave lettuce or cucumber
It's always bread, crisps and chocolate 
Of course 

I am struggling though
My purging has increased a lot in the past couple of weeks 
And it's effecting everything
I can't enjoy my food
As I know what wil happen once I have eaten 
I know I will have to excuse myself to the nearest bathroom after I eat
I will have to check out the toilets cubicles 
Or maybe use the disabled bathroom if there is no one around 
As it has its own little room
So no one would see or hear anything
 More often than not 
The toilets are little cubicles in cafes and restaurants 
With only a thin sheet of wood separating them
But still
It's not nice having to do that 
At least at home there is a level of privacy and comfort 

I know how this game goes though
I start weighing obsessively 
Purging more and more
Buying specific binge food 
And having marathon eat , purge sessions 
I saw my doctor this morning 
But didn't take the opportunity to speak to him
Instead 
I will contact Mary
And ask for a couple of sessions 
I believe I can get back on track with a little help and support

I hope I haven't disappointed you 
I will keep fighting for a better life
I'm not going to give up
That's just not my style...

6 comments:

  1. I think talking to Mary is a good idea. Falling of the waggon is easy, but I do think that you can resolve this; you are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CP
      Yes I'm going to contact her this week
      So hopefully I can get to see her

      Hope you're doing ok x

      Delete
  2. I love homecomings with my dogs. They throw an all-out dance party when I come home, even if I was just running an errand.

    I hope you can call Mary soon. It sounds like she is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he
      My dogs are the same
      Every time I walk into the kitchen
      They get up and run over to me
      That's loyalty for you x

      Delete
  3. You are trying your best, and you are going to win, that could never be disappointing.

    I'm proud of you for recognising the signs, and for coming up with a plan to stop this in its tracks, before it really takes hold, "take that, bitch!". Go Ruby!!

    "I'm not going to give up, that's just not my style". I love that. You are a strong and inspirational woman, how could that ever disappoint?

    I am so glad to really be back, and that you are still here, you are awesome ;)

    *Love*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely speak to Mary. You still want to recover--that in itself may not seem like much, but it really is, it's huge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x