Friday 4 December 2015

Untitled

Apologies
I know I haven't  been great at replying to emails or comments recently
And I know some of you are worried 
I am ok
Or at least I will be
I just feel so stupid
So silly that I thought I could lose a few pounds and leave it at that 
I'm now at the weight I wanted to be
But is it the weight my body wants to be?
I'm not so sure
I almost feel like I've been duped
Or tricked by my ED
By my own mind 
She tempted me with the usual false promises 
That I will be happier
Thinner
Prettier 
More successful 
If i just lost a few pounds 
What really gets me is that I fell for it
I didn't even see it coming 
I really thought that I was in control
I mean honestly 
I am/was in early recovery 
How could I have possibly thought that losing weight was a good idea
But at the same time
I don't want to give myself too hard a time
Because that can feed in to the disorder too
I know I need to regroup
Refocus 
Learn from this Mistake 
And get back on track

I've been on my own for the last few days 
And it's been utter bedlam 
My dogs look at me going from to bathroom 
They sense that I'm not fully present
Because I'm not 
I'm all over the shop
My thinking 
My behaviours 
My mood 
Anxiety 
And I feel like utter horse shit
I'm dizzy 
I'm lethargic 
My body feels like it's taken a beating 
Probably because it has 

I haven't heard from Mary yet 
I'm sure she's busy 
But I hope I hear from her soon 
I can't go on like this 
It will kill me 
I know it will

I really appreciate all of you who have left comments, texts and emails
Thank you 
And you make so much sense
I know I am fighting against what my body wants and needs 
Maybe I am meant to be a little bigger than this 
What is wrong with that?
It seems that is fine for others 
But not for me 
I hold myself to a different standard 
I need to stop doing that 

So 
I  am ok
I'm here 
Still fighting 
And not giving up....



5 comments:

  1. Keep fighting beautiful lady!! Got your back and always here! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting!! As you say, it will kill you eventually--that is the ED's one and only goal. Fight it every step of the way. When it tells you to be thinner, remind yourself to ask why. Why do you need to be thinner? Who cares if you're thinner? In the grand scheme of things, does a number on a scale really matter?

    It doesn't. But YOU do.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich
      I appreciate your support
      It's time now to get back on track
      Which hopefully will happen now x

      Delete
  3. please be ok, tx or email anytime, jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x