Sunday 6 December 2015

What's happening to blogger?

I'm worried
Blogger seems to be falling apart 
Breaking down 
Coming apart at the seams
Very few of us are posting these days
And those that are posting are struggling massively
Every day it seems another person drops off the face of the blogosphere 
I remember a couple of years ago 
There was a thriving community
Now
It seems there are very few of us left
I hope the ones who left 
Have left for a better life 
That they don't need this community anymore 
Because they are getting on with their lives
The reality is some will have recovered
Some will be living somewhere between the disorder and recovery
And some won't recover
And will possibly die 
It's a stark reminder that this illness is not a fad
Or a phase 
Or a diet 
It's a deadly mental illness that destroys lives 
If these ladies did go to find recovery
Then I am very glad 
I would rather have a quiet blogosphere
Than a blogosphere full of very ill people 
I wish them every health and happiness
And hope they find a life beyond ED
Christmas is a tough time
We need to stick together 
Support each other 
Look out for each other 
Our community is dwindling 
And we need to look after the ones who are left 

As for me 
I'm doing ok 
Slowly trying to claw back the ground I lost 
I'm still weighing which is a problem
I know I do a lot better when I avoid the scales
For a while there
The only thing in the day I looked forward to was standing on the scales in the morning
How sad is that?
Apologies for the short posts these days 
I don't want to go on and on about how I'm struggling 
I'm hoping that soon 
I will be back on track 
And back to myself 
Living my life 
Volunteering 
Going on dates 
Spending time with friends
All that good stuff 
Thank you for staying with me
I appreciate it more than you know 


8 comments:

  1. True what you say about this being an illness... I do remember back in the heyday of blogger that there were a ton of silly little girls that would email me asking for tips and support so that they could starve themselves. Silly little girls. A lot of teenage girls on blogger who saw this as a diet method. Or something glamorous. I'm glad to see that there are fewer of those around. :)

    I'm glad that you're still around! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that Blogger seems to be a fading network. There are very active ED and fitness (and deliberately overlapping, and accidentally overlapping) communities on Tumblr, but I am wrestling to see if there is a network of people who are focused on healthy living that don't endlessly glorify looks over function and reblog endless streams of bodyspo.

    One *fitspo* blogger turned out to be a raging bulimic with a profile on a huge pro ana site mocking everyone who thought she had used healthy methods to become frighteningly thin. Unfortunately, I know what that website is because of her, and it is the first very active ED site I've encountered in a long time. It's alluring in a very sick kind of way.

    I feel like I'm back at square one with a few things and I definitely miss having regular readers and commenters, few though they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Tempest
      I don't use Tumblr at all
      Do you have an account?

      I'm almost tempted to ask you the name of that site
      Like you say
      It's like watching a car crash
      You can't quite take your eyes off it x

      Delete
  3. hi ruby will always stay and read pls don't stop blogging and trying, sorry not been commenting things not so good at home. love you lots jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo
      I know you are there
      Sorry things are tough
      And also haven't been texting much as it sends my phone bill through the roof
      Am trying to find another plan

      Stay well x

      Delete
  4. I'm about to release a new one. Stay tuned? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally it's mostly because of the holidays that I'm in this slump (together with my flooded kitchen which still hasn't been dealt with).

    December is just one long downhill slope until I crash into Christmas Eve (which is the big day in Sweden) followed up by Christmas Day (when my dad died).

    I also think that things like tumblr and instagram draw more people nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x