Friday 5 February 2016

Update

I guess a personal update is long over due
I had a few appointments with the professionals this week
My doctor on Monday
My psychiatrist on Tuesday
And Mary on Wednesday 
My psychiatrist is good
On the ball
Just like Mary
He had been talking about increasing my Prozac in an effort to get back on track
But this week
He decided against it
He made the point that I am on so many meds as it is 
And the goal should be to be medication free
I actually can't remember a time when I wasn't taking something
Prescribed or otherwise 
Probably in my teens 
If not before 
I really can't remember what it's like to be stone cold sober
The thought scares me though
I am afraid that I won't be able to cope on my own 
Without the addition of drugs
But I guess that's where occupation comes in 
If I am filling my days with something I love 
I'll be content enough to not want to escape my own head
And my own reality 
That's why the job would have been ideal
Speaking of which 
I haven't heard a dickiebird yet
I'm pretty sure I would have heard by now if I had got it 
But that's ok
I'll learn and move on 
And on to the next thing 
It was a big deal for me just to apply and do the interview
That in itself is progress 
I have been thinking about work a lot
And the dancing I used to do with the kids
I would love to do it again 
And am seriously thinking about setting up a couple of classes again 
I just don't know if I have the confidence though 
Or the energy 
I also feel that I would need some more training myself to be the best teacher I can be
Anyway
It's something to think about 

In other news 
I've neither lost nor gained weight in about a month 
And am weighing less and less 
Mary weighed me on Wednesday 
And I was 0.3kg more than last week
And I was wearing Harvey clothes and trainers 
So I was pretty much the same 
I've spoken to my mum and sister a good bit recently 
Needless to say
They are concerned 
And I'm trying alleviate that 
I don't want them to worry 
But they know I am struggling 
They know about the purging 
I don't even try to hide it anymore 
I know they know 
And they know I know they know
Confusing but true 

I also spoke to Mary this week about working in the stables 
Mary had heard of a former social worker who was setting up a stables
And wanted volunteers with mental health issues 
So Mary is going to ring them
Tell them about me
And then pass on my details 
You guys 
I am super duper excited about this 
It's right up my street 
And to work with animals 
And meet people like me 
Would be nothing short of amazing 
I can't wait to get started 
And get stuck in 

They say that the key to happiness 
Is not having what you want
But wanting what you have 
Growing up
And through out my twenties 
I wanted a completely different life
I didn't want to live in our average, middle class life 
Sometimes I wished we were filthy rich 
And sometimes we lived in the slums
Strange I know 
But I hated being in the middle 
I much targeted the extremes 
But recently 
I've been feeling incredibly grateful
So thankful and joyful and blessed 
For what I have 
Yes
There are a lot of people in the world who have a lot more than me
But compared to some
I have more than enough 
I know I say it a lot
But every day I thank my lucky stars 
That I have a strong family behind me
Especially my mother 
Who is a tower of strength
And the back bone of our family
I have two older sisters
An older brother 
And a father who I now get on well with after years of not 
I am grateful that I live in a happy, comfortable and safe home
That there's a roof over my head
And food in my fridge
I am grateful that I have my own bedroom
And sleep in a clean dry bed every night 
I am grateful that I have two happy dogs 
Who are the light of my life
And keep me sane and grounded
I am grateful for the professionals in my life
My long suffering doctor 
Mary who is endlessly patient
And my psychiatrist who fights my corner 

My family and I have come through a lot
The important thing is that we got through it
And came out the other side
We are stronger for it
One thing we never did was give up
We weathered the storm
Hung in there 
 Fought  until the bitter end 
And lived to tell the tale 


7 comments:

  1. hope something happens for you soon xx jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stables sound really promising.

    Look i have a good resume now but i don't get every job i apply for. So please don't let it get you down.

    It is practice practice practice!

    And hats off to you you got to that stage.

    You are lucky in life cos you have a one in a million mum.

    I too have been attracted to extremes. What is up with that?

    Anyway, the Stables. I have a really good feeling about it.


    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Shelby
      I think it's something that could really turn in to a passion
      I have an update on the job front
      But I'll hold on to that little nugget of information until tomorrow's post

      And yes
      I am blessed to have the mum I have
      She is my hero x

      Delete
  3. My current job? Bossman went through secretaries faster than most offices go through copy paper. He only hired me because I was apparently the "hot one with the boobs." (as heard from the secretary of the lawyer next door.) This was his general hiring policy, which is why none of his prior secretaries lasted, because they had no clue what they were doing. I applied to this job on a whim, and now I've been here over 5 years (because I actually know what I'm doing). So you really never know where life will take you! I never thought I'd actually enjoy being a secretary, but I must say with our office being the circus that it is, I do like my job.

    How are things going with curbing the purging and weighing? I know how hard it is to take those first steps towards tackling something like that, and there's no right method that works for everyone. I'd be happy to toss some ideas around if you ever feel like you need someone to chat with on the tougher days. Even texting someone right before you plan on purging/restricting/weighing/etc. can be the thing that stops you, at least that one time. And then build on that.

    take care luv xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich
      I really appreciate the offer
      You are the definition of a friend

      Love ya x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x