Friday 13 May 2016

Weather

The weather in this part of the country has been glorious for the past few days 
Gone are the hats and scarves that were needed a few short weeks ago
And out come pale arms and legs 
They have been hidden away all winter 
Usually I don't welcome the summer 
Because of the good weather
Which means wearing less clothes 
Which means being a bit more exposed than I am comfortable with
But 
This year 
I'm just not going to worry about it 
I'm not going to stress about what I look like 
Because in the grand scheme of things 
It doesn't really matter
My family and friends will love me no matter what I look 
No matter what size or shape that I am
And as long as I am healthy 
As long as my clothes fit me
And my body is functioning well
I don't need to worry about it
It seems the older I get 
The less of a shit I give about what people think of me
And that is a great feeling 
I no longer try to fit in 
Or belong 
I can just be me 
And that is enough

Here are some photos of me and my best girls...






9 comments:

  1. You and your pups are so adorable!! Reading this was good for me today....I forget that the people who love me don't really care what I look like, just that I'm in their lives and that I'm happy.

    The weather has been gorgeous here too! I'm taking advantage of it and soaking up some sun rays and breathing in the fresh air. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly SW!
      The ones who matter don't give a damn what we look like
      As long as we are healthy and happy
      That is all that matters

      Yes we've had a heat wave here the last few days
      Such a rare treat for us to get fine weather
      Ireland is notorious for unpredictable weather
      Where are you? X

      Delete
    2. I'm in Oklahoma, U.S. :) I'm thinking an Irish heatwave is very different than an Okie heatwave. haha!

      Delete
  2. Lovely and summery! Enjoy the glorious weather! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts! As much as I miss the cowboy boots when the weather gets too warm for them, summer means I go back to long skirts. One size fits all, so they never feel too tight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on a long grey skirt Mich
      As you say
      They are so comfortable
      And I'm all about the comfort these days x

      Delete
  4. i have got rock bottom not sure whats next for me don't think i can keep doing this, so happy you are breaking free jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say that Jo
      Please don't
      Email me
      Let me know what's happening x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving some love x