Friday, 29 July 2016

This is.....



This is me 
A 34 year old woman
I am Irish 
I am a daughter
A sister 
An auntie
A doggy mama
A friend 
An employee
A horse rider 

This is me 
I struggle with mental health issues 
Including addiction
Depression
Anxiety 
And eating disorders
I now consider myself to be in recovery 
I am in recovery 
It's a journey 
Not a destination

This is me 
I am a good person 
Yes 
I have done bad things in my life 
But inherently 
I am a good person 
And I do my best every day 
To not hurt myself or anyone else 

This is me 
I may be 34 
But inside 
I still feel 16 years old 
I still have a lot to learn about life 
It's all a learning experience 

This is me 
After years of illness 
I am now working 
And have been working for the past two months 
I can feel my confidence growing every day 
I feel valued and appreciated 
Work has been a life saver

This is me 
I have a little crush on someone 
It makes for some very interesting day dreaming ahem..
I don't know if I am imagining it
But I think he might like me too
At least I hope he does 

This is me 
I've made my fair share of mistakes through out my life 
But I am trying to fit all the pieces of my life back together 
I'm not perfect 
But I'm trying to be the best person I can be 

This is me 
I'm not beautiful 
I'll never be a stunner 
But I work with what I've got 
And make the best of it 

This is me 
I'm overly sensitive 
I bruise easily 
I think too much 
And am pretty quiet 
But get to know me 
And you will see I am truly a nerd with a very sarcastic sense of humour 

This is me 
I don't expect everyone to like me 
Or agree with me 
And that's ok 
We won't fall out over it 
We will agree to disagree 

This is me 
Ruby 
A woman 
A person 
A human being 
A collection of cells 
Why am I important?
I'm not really 
But I do matter 
And I deserve a good life 

This is me 
And I'm doing my best...

9 comments:

  1. You've been very brave and strong in overcoming your obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that
      But thank you x

      Delete
  2. you matter lots and also are rather beautiful xx jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jo Jo

      How are you doing? X

      Delete
    2. i am on a roller coaster but at least its not boring x

      Delete
  3. You are so beautiful Ruby!

    I am so happy for you, and so proud of you for where you're at, I know it's not easy. You truly are an amazing human being, and a continual inspiration for me. I'm sorry I've been so quiet, but I think of you often! Wishing you only happiness, good health, and love always <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have come so far and I love your new hair cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x