Wednesday 10 August 2016

To blog or not to blog....

....That is the question
I'm sure you have noticed that I'm not blogging as much now as I used to
For a couple of reasons
I don't have as much free time 
Now that I am working 
And also 
I just don't have the material 
Back in 2012
I started writing this blog when I was I the thick of my disorder
The following years documented my struggles 
As I tried to recover
Now 
Over four years later 
I can finally say with confidence, that I am in recovery 
I am living post ED
Of course that is wonderful 
But it leaves my blog in a kind of limbo 
I rarely write about ED or addiction related topics anymore 
Yet I am still part of this community 
I guess I am just not sure if my blog is relevant any more 
After a few weeks of off the chart statistics 
My numbers have dropped again 
That doesn't bother me 
But I do wonder if my blog is needed or wanted anymore

So I am throwing the question over to you 
Do you still read my blog?
If yes why?
If no why?
Do you think there is still a place for my blog here on blogger?
What is a blogger to do.....?

10 comments:

  1. Ruby, I don't think it's you... I hear lots of bloggers saying how their views are lower too. I think your thoughts are always relevant... I still read quite often even if I don't comment every time.

    For me, I will always write even if no one ever read again. I also think your blog is important because it shows your journey from the beginning and how you worked to get through...

    Saying all this, it's your decision if you want to continue to write, if you do, I'll keep reading xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Launna
      And good to hear from you
      You make a lot of sense.
      My blog is for me
      Anything more than that is s bonus

      Hope you are keeping well x

      Delete
  2. Summer is always slow.

    You've posted this topic before, and my opinion is still the same: this is YOUR blog. Blog first for you, and then for others. You're under no obligation to post regularly. Hell, I've gone months between posts sometimes. And I'll keep writing even if no one reads or comments. That's how my blog started, after all.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Mich
      I guess this issue comes up for me every so often
      I kind of feel like I have lost touch with my blog and even other bloggers
      But yes
      You are right
      My blog is primarily for me
      I forget that sometimes

      Thanks Mich
      You are a stAr x

      Delete
  3. i agree with the other comments, always interested in what you write but the important thing is is it what you want love jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to know what YOU are doing. You don't need to worry about not having the material! I often have breaks, and write even when I know no ones reading, because it helps me. You are under no obligation to blog or keep blogging. Do what feels right for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is most definitely wanted, and gives support and hope to a lot of readers, myself included. I think it's important to have those little days of sunshine (such as your blog) in the mix.

    I still read all of your posts, without fail. Why? Because you're a dear friend to me, and the positivity in your recent posts is important. I read your blog for you, not just your struggles with mental health.


    Lots of love <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. my opinion still stands the same, as Mich has mentioned. if you feel like you're blogging out of obligation to blog, then you shouldn't, but again, your blog is for you. it is not for anyone else. you don't have to write about your ED/addiction actually, especially if you do not want to. for me, i use my blog as a diary. i want to be able to look back and wonder what i've done in my uni years when i'm older.

    i love you. hope you figure this out soon.

    if you decide the best for you to leave, then you will be missed. if not, then brilliant. we get to see more of you around.

    we do not read your blog for your issues, by the way. we read them for /you./ and we love you. we love seeing you content with your life. :)




    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still reading and miss you when you go MIA. But if you're not enjoying your blog you shouldn't force yourself to post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love x